Thursday, December 31, 2009


This will be my last blog...hang on before you start thinking that I will quit writing..I meant for the year 2009 :) As I rewind my memories of 2009, it was a year which most of us would like to forget for reasons ranging from the gloomy economy, high unemployment, soaring prices and regional troubles. 44th United States President Barack Obama's inauguration was the much awaited event grabbing more eyeballs on the internet and the television than any other event in recent history. Personally 2009 started off on a bad note for me when my employer Satyam Computer Services (which is now Mahindra Satyam) founder Ramalinga Raju's confession shocked the people and left the future of the company in doubt. Mahindra Satyam has recovered from that but the scars will surely take time to heal. Michael Jackson, the iconic pop star bid adieu to the world and we will surely miss him.

Although most of 2009 was very disappointing for me, it did end on a promising note. I could fulfill my long cherished dreams of working in the United States and the economy (its still early days) seems to show positive signs of recovery. I hope and wish as always that the spirit and strength with which we managed to cope with the worst crisis and learnt some useful lessons will endure as we look forward to ushering in the new year . I wish everyone a Happy New Year 2010

(Image courtesy: http://rlv.zcache.com/new_year_2010_holiday_postage_stamps-p172594239822487567anr4u_400.jpg)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!!!

Ashu said...

Thanks Pappy :)