Monday, February 28, 2011

The Rainbow

There is no parallel to mother nature's beauty. What am I talking about? Take a look at the picture.

When I was driving to work on a Friday morning last week, it was sunny and raining at the same time and voila I was lucky enough to spot the rainbow. It was very beautiful and this was not a partial rainbow which sometimes disappears in the clouds. You could clearly see where it begins and where it ends. The challenge here was being on a freeway, I couldn't stop and take a picture. So I took this picture with my cellphone camera in one hand and the steering in another.

The end result was not that bad. It was a decent picture. This stretch of drive on CA-4 is very scenic and there is never a dull moment. On the hillsides, you can sees cows grazing. During Spring, the slopes are covered with yellow flowers which are in full bloom. In Winter, it can be very foggy and one needs to be very careful while driving but still it's a mesmerizing experience driving through the fog.

I can still vividly remember one day it so happened that a deer came down from the hill and was about to cross the road, the cars in front of us came to a screeching halt and the poor deer was almost killed. Now the deer very quickly regained its composure and did manage to cross the road, incredibly in just 3 hops spanning both sides of the freeway. I and my colleagues were left staring in disbelief. We were relieved that the deer was not harmed :)

(Image courtesy: CA4- Fog (Prashant Shetty))

2 comments:

Harsha said...

wonderful pictures.....

Harsha said...

wonderful pictures.....