Thursday, August 30, 2007

What happens to people when they get on road. This is a question which perplexes me. The trigger came from a question asked by a RJ on Radio city today morning. There were a couple callers who were brash enough to say that they love honking, don't allow other vehicles to overtake them, like to hog the entire roadspace apart from cruising @ a dangerous speed.

The RJ was quite scathing in her analysis when she said that "If you think what you're doing is cool, I don't think so. It only shows that you have a big ego, unwilling to share etc.." I hope people take her comments seriously.

For example last Sunday when I was trying to take a turn near a junction when the green signal was on. Much to my horror the vehicles @ the opposite end of the road were breaking the red signal and that led to a traffic jam.

It was frustrating. That inevitably draws a comparison with developed countries where apart from world-class roads you have disciplined traffic. Here people lack civic sense and I guess it's too much to expect any traffic sense. What beats me is that crossing a red signal is dangerous and people are willing to risk not only their lives but also others.

At work it was a bit hectic as I am involved with a new assignment. The weather was quite cool as it rained again in the evening.

No comments: