Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yesterday was a sad day for me. My Apple Ipod Nano was pronounced dead on arrival @ the Apple store. It's been my companion for more than a year.

The store-in-charge tried to revive it but all his efforts was in vain. He said that the battery was dead and there's nothing he could do. The other option was to replace the battery which costs a whopping 3300 bucks almost half the cost of the Ipod. The new Ipod with a 2GB storage costs around 3500 bucks and the one with a video and 4GB storage costs 7500. So it really didn't make sense to go in for a battery replacement.

I felt like crying that the money spent on the Ipod which I thought will be my companion for some more time has gone down the drain.

How important is communication skills? My answer is...its very very important in this day and age. Take the example of candidates I interviewed today to fill up my position. The communication skills was not upto the mark and the interview with the client for some ended on a disastrous note. A candidate may be technically very sound, however what use is it, when they are not able to express it in words.