Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I had a good time @ Hyderabad enjoying home made food and the taste of luscious mangoes apart from the usual lecture about how sick I look. I felt sad leaving home but then it's inevitable as I prepare for a working week ahead.

In the morning on my way to work, when I was waiting @ the bus stop, a shocking incident took place. Thankfully there was no casualties :) I was approached by 2 crossdressers / eunuchs (one in a red saree and the other in green) for money. I didn't pay any heed to them and looked the other way. There was a 20 rupee note in my shirt pocket.

All of a sudden the crossdresser in red saree snatched the 20 rupee note from my pocket and walked briskly, I was too stunned to react, however I managed to catch his hand and then left it. The arm was too soft and I felt as if I was catching hold of a girl.

I could have run behind the crossdresser and got my money back. However what scared me was I haven't done this earlier though I knew I was robbed in broad daylight. The very thought of picking up an argument with a crossdresser had me in a daze as they care 2 hoots about the people.

The people around me saw what happened as my face turned crimson red. There was an old gentleman who was witness to everything that happened. He told me that I should have given them a 1 or 2 rupee coin and they would have let me go. Now see what happened.

I understood the old gentleman's point of view but that was exactly my problem. I didn't have the change on me. Some of the people around me who noticed the shock on my face couldn't help smiling. After a while even I too began to smile and thought to myself to forget the incident as a bad dream and be cautious the next time.

The weather has been quite pleasant today. On the work front there's nothing exciting as I go ahead with my regular routine.

No comments: