Monday, June 04, 2007

It was a pretty nice weekend. I watched the movie "Cheeni kum" with my friend Agni. The movie had a unconventional romance between an older man Buddhadev Gupta (Amitabh Bachchan) who is 64 years old and 34 year old Nina Verma (Tabu).

Buddha is a chef who owns one of the finest Indian restaurants in London and Nina is a visitor to the city. Their romance, can you beat this..begins over a dish of Hyderabadi Zafrani Biryani.

It was good clean fun, noteworthy is the performance of the kid whom Buddha fondly calls "Sexy". She may be a kid but talks like a grown-up. The only tragedy is that she is suffering from blood cancer. I liked the title song of Cheeni-kum.

On Sunday, when I was driving , I overran a traffic signal as I was a bit confused. The next moment I saw a cop giving me instructions to park my car on the side. I was impressed by the courtesy shown by the cop who addressed me politely. He asked me whether I broke the signal, I replied in the affirmative.

I had an option of paying a spot-fine, the problem was the cop didn't have a receipt. The fine was Rs.100. I didn't want to pay the money without a receipt as that would have encouraged corruption. I told the cop to note down my registration number for the traffic violation and send the notice to my postal address registered in the computerised records.

Back to work on Monday and this time it will be a short working week as I will be on leave on Thursday and Friday..:)

No comments: