Thursday, June 14, 2007

You honestly pay your taxes for the financial year and when your employer issues you a Form 16, you find out that the Income-Tax department owes you a refund because you had paid excess tax. Now we all know, how our government departments function and if the refund is in a four figure range such as 1000, 2000 etc we are never sure whether we will ever got it or the IT department will gobble up the money.

Yesterday when I was speaking to my family back home my mom informed me that my dad has received a letter from the Income-Tax department. For a moment, I was a bit tense wondering what's next. To my pleasant surprise, my dad told me that I had received a refund cheque from Income-Tax department. Then I recollected that yes, the IT department did owe me some money when I last filed the return in 2006.

The amount was not much however what gladdened my heart was that it's not all that bad about the government. Some departments do function :)

Today, I was able to do some productive work so the day went just about fine :) One of my colleagues resigned as she is all set to go to the U.S for doing her masters. All the best to her :)

No comments: