Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Imagine a situation where you lost your wallet. It contains money, your credit/debit cards, PAN card etc. You will be at a loss to figure things out when something like this hits you.

That's exactly what happened to me. I had gone to the cybercafe on Sunday afternoon and after finishing my work, I returned home and had a good nap for around 1 1/2 hours. When I was about to go out, I realized that I couldn't find my wallet. Initially I was confident that it must be lying somewhere on my bed or the closet and finally my pyjamas. To my shock, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I quickly ran towards my car and looked under the seat and there was no trace of my wallet. Again I ran towards the cybercafe looking @ the road amid a faint hope that I could somehow get it back. I asked the cybercafe owner which drew a blank. Same was the case @ the laundry.

I returned home with a heavy heart cursing myself and thinking about the consequences. It was a nightmare, I was sweating and believe me it was nerve-wracking. I was dreading the nightmare when someone would have gone shopping with my cards and the loss of important ID's.

Life without a penny in your pocket is miserable and losing your wallet makes it worse. My happiness knew no bounds when I found my wallet which was lying just @ the side of the driver's seat in my car. I somehow missed it. It thought me a very valuable lesson on how to take care of your belongings and to prepare a Plan B in case of contingency.

At work, it's been the usual routine for the past few days. Feeling more tired today and looking @ the good weather, can't wait to get home :)

No comments: