Monday, July 09, 2007

The weekend just passed by. I wasn't able to catch up on a movie as planned. Saturday, my washing machine developed a glitch when it was not draining out water after the rinsing cycle. That led to a bit of panic attack for me as my clothes were just in between the washing cycle. Calling up the service centre didn't help as they were just closing for the day and will get in touch only on Monday.

After some hiccups, the washing machine managed to get the clothes washed but the water didn't drain out completely. I am just hoping and praying that I don't face a nightmare on the coming weekend.

Work kept me busy most of the day which is good as it's been quite a while since I had my hands full. The newspapers have been full of articles about the terror suspects from India. What has shocked me and many is that those involved were in highly respected professions like medicine and engineering. Of course as the dictum goes you can't label someone as guilty unless proven.

The downside is that many Indians including students and other professionals like techies, doctors etc will find the going tough due to the act of a few people. As it is, in the western society however good the Indians or non-whites are, you're still a brown skinned person.

No comments: