Thursday, July 05, 2007

No one forgets their first job, no matter what the salary was. It might have been peanuts or sometimes nothing at all. It also would have been a good or bad experience. When I saw the program "On the Job" on MTV it reminded me of my very first job.

I worked without pay for 3 months and my joy knew no bounds when I received my first pay although that was a very modest amount by today's standards :) In the show "On the Job" the participants are put through a grind and only the lucky one gets a job offer, be it from a animation or an airline company based on their skillset. It's a nice show worth watching b'coz of the first hand exposure it gives to people fresh from college and willing to slug it out.

At my work, I had a nice interactive session with my new on-site manager. There was serious work issues discussed which was punctuated now and then with rib-tickling jokes :)

No comments: