Sunday, July 22, 2007

Spending your weekends all by yourself just doing what you like needn't be necessarily boring. Take my case, after finishing my household chores and the laundry I just lied in bed and closed my eyes. Those few moments when I grabbed a few winks of sleep after a tiring schedule was like manna from heaven :)

Post-lunch, I went to the Forum mall, koramangala. People may hate the rain however I enjoyed driving in the rain with the car stereo playing in the background and sound of the wipers clearing the windshield for company. Traffic was in a big mess as I approached the mall.

I had no plans of catching up on a movie and I headed straight to "Landmark" the book shop located on the 4th floor. Apart from books, "Landmark" which is situated on 2 floors also stocks gift items, dvd's/mp3's/cd's etc. I grabbed a mp3 cd of "The Train" and also a nice cup featuring the cartoon character "Johnny Bravo".

When I was going to the check-out counter, I saw a pile of Harry Potter books kept on display. I couldn't resist the temptation of going through the latest and the final edition of "Harry Potter and the deathly hallows". It has been a long time since I laid my hands on a good book. J.K.Rowling the author of "Harry Potter" wrote her first book in 1997 and since then the cult around the book has only grown. Some of the adults may think what the hype is all about, however kids who are the craziest fans swear by the book.

There was a small contest, where you need to figure out the 15 words printed beside a maze of alphabets. I haven't done anything like this before so I borrowed a pen from one of the security guards, took a table and sat down to unravel the puzzle. Initially I found the task too daunting and wanted to give up however something within me insisted that I persist. The guard was looking @ me with interest and at one stage came near me and counted the number of words still left :)

For a moment I felt like a school kid solving a puzzle in his kindergarten class. In the end I won the battle :) After filling up the form, I dropped into a bowl. I hope I get lucky :)

It's nice to know that in this age where people's reading habits are on the wane due to television, internet, gaming etc, books like these may arrest the slide atleast to a certain extent.

I had a nice thai dinner which had rice topped with mushroom and tofu plus some finger food. The desert was my favorite gelato ice-cream in "Dolce Latte" flavour.

Driving home was still the same as it continued to pour well into the night. Sunday i.e today was pretty much routine starting with my breakfast in the morning and spent some time watching television.

The one thing new I did today was to tidy up my kitchen shelves. I had planned to do it since a long time so I shed aside my inertia and neatly placed the stuff back on the shelves.

BTW I had mentioned earlier about my friend Agni who is now in Hyderabad. He has also joined the bandwagon of bloggers :) I read his first blog @ http://theczar-thestoryofmylife.blogspot.com/. It was pretty much about his thoughts, views, ambitions and the like. It was cool stuff and I enjoyed reading it :)

No comments: