Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's been happening for the past 2 days, I did get up early but had to huff and puff my way to the bus stop. Take for instance on Monday even though I had got up @ 7 a.m, I still managed to reach the stop just in time.

Yesterday i.e Tuesday and Wednesday, I got up @ 6:30 a.m however had to run till the bus stop so that I don't miss my office shuttle. That made me wonder as to where I was going wrong or wasting my time.

In the morning session after getting our swipe cards, we(myself & my colleague Vijay) had to give our fingerprints and other details. It was a weird method to get our finger prints. We had to press our fingers in the stamp pad and then put our individual finger prints on a sheet of paper. It was quite funny coz I was expecting a finger print scanner.

For the first time, I was literally a "Angoota Chaap". I and my colleague Vijay couldn't help stop smiling @ each other..:) We were told that it was for security reasons. In the afternoon we went for a drug test wherein we had to give our urine sample.

After coming back we had to take a technical interview. We were a bit apprehensive because the person who we were supposed to be interviewing was applying for the "Tech Lead" role..meaning our boss. We told the PM(Project Manager) that probably we may not be the ideal person(s) to interview the candidate as he was applying for our superior's role.

The PM assured us that she won't reveal our rank to the candidate. After the interview process was over, the PM wanted the feedback from us. I felt he was ok, however Vijay felt that being a Tech Lead he should be having more knowledge than us. I felt a bit sad however felt that Vijay did have a valid point. The PM had asked us to rate the candidate on a scale of 1-10 on technical, analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills. It was not all that gloomy for the candidate as we told our PM that she could consider him for a Senior Software Engineer role in another project.

Tomorrow it's my turn to be in the line of fire, as I will be attending a client interview @ 8 p.m (IST) and 9:30 a.m(US time). All the best to me..:)

No comments: