Friday, February 09, 2007

I had a very early start today morning. I was all excited about my prospective project. I finished all my morning chores by 8 a.m. I wouldn't have imagined the rest of the events which unfolded for the day. As scheduled I went to one of our company offices @ Bannerghata.

I reached there by 9:15 a.m, however the Project Manager wasn't there. I waited till 10:30 a.m and made a call on her mobile..she was in the koramangala office and told me that one of the guys in her project will take my interview.

The interview didn't go well, however what irked me was that the guy who took my interview was in the same position that I was in. He had lesser number of experience compared to me.
If it was a Project Leader or the Project Manager, I would have understood the situation. I went ahead with the interview thinking that I shouldn't let ego come into the picture even though I was still feeling uneasy.

As far as I was concerned the interview was ok..I mean it wasn't too good nor too bad however the interviewer gave me a shocking response saying that I had performed very poorly. Adding insult to injury,when I wanted to meet the Project Manager, she said that I can leave without meeting me in person.

I told the interviewer that I am not leaving without meeting the PM in person.I told her what I felt and she apologized for the hurt that either she or her team member had caused me. I returned back to my main office with a not so happy face. How does someone deal with frustration? After a long time, stress was taking its toll on me.

In the evening we had a fire drill wherein a lot of life saving techniques were displayed. I had a chat with my colleague and he told me to keep my cool. He said that probably I was overreacting. I told him maybe he was right. I seriously need to de-stress myself.

Writing this blog is so therapeutic, it soothes my frayed nerves..I needn't break any glass or hit someone coz this provides a safe outlet to vent my grievances. BTW I will be working this weekend..courtesy the bandh on Monday.

No comments: