Friday, February 16, 2007

Ahh...it was a Friday morning..:), I was in a better frame of mind when I got up. Y'day I got to know that I was being considered for a project. So that was something to cheer about though it's still tentative.

Today I wore a white double pocket casual shirt with a camouflage cargo trousers (army style). My day got off to a bad start as I missed my morning cab. It seems everyone got a shock when they realised that the cab has already left. The irony of the situation is the cab came @ the right time. The driver was new and probably that was the reason he was quite punctual.

We (the employees) had got used to the late timings of the earlier cab and so had a laidback approach. Thankfully one of my colleagues had taken an auto and we shared it till the office premises. She offered to pay the full fare however I told her to split the bill.

I got loads of compliments for my dress and there were some people who were staring (for good or bad reasons.:). Jaya, my earlier Project Manager was a bit surprised. She told me..I don't think it's allowed..although more in a lighter vein.

In the afternoon, I got a call from Pradeep (executive from RMG (Resource Management Group) saying that I had to go to the koramangala office and meet his counterpart Anjali there. RMG allocates resources who are on the beach(I mean on the bench..:)) to projects.

I met Anjali and she directed me to Dalia, the Project Manager, who told me that it will take atleast 1 week to kickstart the project. Till then, I will be sitting in "Valmiki". Now that's the name given to the room where people on the beach can use the PC..:) It's a lot better than my current office where one had to sit in the library..:)

The existing campus has a sprawling area with coconut palms, lush green lawns and well maintained roads. It houses the offices of Kyocera, MindTree consulting, MphasiS and TCGIvega. If my project gets confirmed I'll really miss all these and especially the food court where you get different cuisines like WeightWatchers, Fusion, Tandoor, South Indian and North Indian under one roof.

In the evening as I was enquiring about the cab which goes through my route..I met this guy from Koramangala office. He asked me..so you're a 2006 passout..for a moment I was a bit stumped before gathering my wits..:) I replied with a smile that I graduated in 1995. Incidentally this guy was a 2005 passout.

He couldn't believe it and told me that I look so young. I couldn't stop blushing and told him "thanks" for the compliments..:)

It's the weekend and I hope to catch up on some new movie releases..:)

No comments: