Monday, February 05, 2007

Today was a day which saw high drama. The morning bus or mini-bus(to be more precise) which I board to get to office was literally crammed with people either standing or sitting in an inconvenient posture.

What bothers me is that people put up with the inconvenience rather than doing something about it. I spoke to couple of my colleagues who are frequent travellers on the shuttle and fired an e-mail to the person in-charge and the whole admin team.

It seems to have worked when I get a prompt response from the admin in-charge who seemed to be a retired LT.COL. We had a pretty good discussion and I did realize a few things which he said was right. In the end the matter was sorted amicably for now.

Today I received my NSR(National Skills Registry) ID card. NSR is a joint initiative of NASSCOM(National Association of Service and Software Companies) and IT/ITES companies. Some of whom are reputed names like Satyam, Wipro, Mphasis, Zenta.

NSR is useful for IT & ITES professionals as it maintains their details which includes previous employment records and other personal information like
the permanent address and the passport details in an online database.

This helps in a single point of background verification. IT companies just need to log in and verify the details of the candidates. The card is difficult to duplicate. I can vouch for this coz I had to give the impressions of my index finger, middle finger and the thumb impressions of both the hands. I have seen such stuff in movies. To see that happening in reality was an eye-opener.

We had to leave office early today by 3 p.m as there were reports of trouble once the Cauvery Water Tribunal's decision was announced. I had a small nap when I came back. It was a big relief to see my television coming alive with the cable connectivity. I had run out of drinking water supply and thankfully got my 20 litre jar today.

No comments: