Monday, February 12, 2007

I had a gr8 weekend..:) Sunday especially was cool. I checked out a flat and also got some information about other flats.

In the evening, I watched the movie "Blood diamond" starring Leonardo Di Caprio with my friend Agni. How many people even bother to think the engagement ring they are gifting their fiancee or the jewellery they are purchasing is clean i.e not brought in from the conflict zones in Africa.

"Diamonds are a girls best friend", that's the catchline ads some of the big diamond companies use to sell their wares, but what if they are stained with the grime and sweat of people working in hazardous conditions with their lives @ stake at some remote location mines in Africa.

Leonardo plays the diamond smuggler "Danny Archer" and there is also a lady journalist (don't know the name of the actress) from the United States apart from an african working in the captive mines in Africa who is searching for his lost son.

Danny is hunting for the big diamond (only the african known it's exact location) and the journalist wants her story. Everyone has a vested interest here.

From the way diamonds are smuggled to other countries and finally ending up @ sweatshops in Surat and Mumbai in India, "Blood Diamond" comes very close to reality or you can say nothing gets more real than this.

Some movies are made just for the heck of it and some movies send a message. "Blood Diamond" clearly belongs to the latter category. Even after I finished watching the movie, I couldn't get over the hangover.

I and Agni had dinner @ Pizza Corner and we had a nice time. The food was good and so was the ambience..:) We did some shopping on the way home as Monday there is a bandh and Agni had to do purchase some food stuffs lest he goes hungry..:)

It was a lazy Monday morning, I spent the day preparing breakfast, lunch, washing & ironing clothes. The lunch was too good coz after a long time, I got to make noodles. For garnishing I added some green peas and sliced onions.

It's 7:40 p.m and still no signs of the hotels opening up. I hope & pray that they do open else for dinner I need to go in for noodles again..:)

No comments: