Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A 10 degree dip in temperature at a time when the mercury has been rising should have come as a welcome relief. However, it may not be so good for the body if the fall in temperature is quite drastic.

I can tell this from my experience. From the past couple of days, I wasn't able to sleep properly due to irritation in my throat. It was really bad and the first thing I did after waking up was to gargle with salt water. The relief was minimal.

When I was reading today's newspaper, my worst fears came true. What I was experiencing was a viral fever. It starts with a sore throat and then progresses to cold, cough and mild fever lasting for atleast 3 days. I visited the local pharmacist and purchased a cough syrup Benadryl along with tablets for cough and cold.

It did give me a bit of relief, however the cough syrup made me feel drowsy :) At work, when I was having my evening snacks, the weather was really beautiful. There was a nip in the air and cool breeze blowing across. The software problem still hasn't been fixed yet :)

No comments: