Wednesday, April 25, 2007

After yesterday's incident I began thinking whether it was wrong on my part to have reacted angrily rather than analyze things with a calm mind.

Anyways today, I drove my car to work again, however this time I was honking as soon as I saw a two-wheeler or an auto either in front of my car or on the left-hand side. I didn't want to take chances after what happened yesterday.

I went to the Concorde Motors showroom to get an assessment of how much the damage would cost me. The person in charge of the car body repair section told me that as both the front & rear doors had a dent, it would cost me in the range of INR 5000. Now that's more severe than I had thought. As it has a metallic paint coating there's a lot of process involved which may take upto 4 days.

I told him about the Insurance cover and he gave me a claim form to fill up so that I can get the damages covered by the Insurance company. I called up the helpline number of the Insurance Company and had a claim number generated. Tomorrow the surveyors from Insurance company will assess the damage and will let me know how much cost would they be covering.

It really helps to have an Insurance cover in times like these, and I hope that both my bumper and the door will be repaired and restored to it's original pristine condition..:)

No comments: