Monday, April 09, 2007

Sunday was a day when I completed my remaning household chores like sweeping and mopping the floor. This time it was a far more time consuming and laborious process as I had to dust the fan's and the loft. The fan blade's are the first one's to catch a lot of dust depending on how frequently it's used.

In the evening I and Agni (my friend) went to watch the movie "The Namesake" @ Innovative Multiplex. It was a straight road from Agni's residence and for the first time I cruised @ a speed of above 60 kmph in the 4th gear. My normal range of speed would barely cross 40 kms and the gear would ideally be stuck in the 2nd and rarely goes into the 3rd gear.

It was an empty and wide stretch of road and as I stepped on the gas, it pumped my adrenaline and set the pulse racing. It made me feel really good. For the first time I could break the shackles of city traffic..:)

The "NameSake" was quite a good movie to watch and is based on a similar novel by award winning other Jumpa Lahiri. Creditable performances by Tabu (screen name: Ashima Ganguli) and Irrfan Khan (screen name: Ashok Ganguli) apart from the younger actors Kal Penn (screen name: Nikhil Ganguli) and Zuleikha Robinson. Director Mira Nair has always done good cinema and this should be add one more feather to her cap.

The story line is not too melodramatic and put across in a simple way.

No comments: