Sunday, April 22, 2007

Friday, I was back to work as I felt a slight improvement in my health. I was running late so I drove to work and had to stay late. On my way back home, it was raining pretty badly, the time was 9:45 p.m and the traffic got reduced to a crawl. At a traffic intersection, there was a hold-up which lasted upto 15 mins.

It then started raining even more heavily and I had difficulty navigating traffic due to poor visibility which was caused due to the mist formation on my windshield. My only cause of concern was that I haven't had my dinner and by the time I reached home whether the restaurants would be open. This is one thing which I badly miss in Bangalore. In Mumbai you can find restaurants open till late in the night. So whenever I used to return home late from work I had no problem in finding food..:)

Much to my relief there was a restaurant open (I am a regular visitor there) and the staff were quite courteous to let me have dinner even as they were winding down for the day. It was Abhishek and Aishwarya's wedding today and I wish them all the best in their career and personal life. Hopefully, atleast now people will be spared the saturation coverage in the media when there are so many serious issues to be covered.

Saturday was pretty much cool, as I had recovered completely and it felt good to be "normal" :) Getting sick when you're staying alone can really be hard on you. You miss the company of your family. If it was home, mom would have made me breakfast, served me a hot cup of tea, put her hand on my forehead and give me a warm hug :) These may be small things in our lives for which we have no time in our busy schedule, however they do matter. Someone was right when they said "Money can buy you all the comforts, but it can't buy you love"

It was the routine of finishing my laundry and cleaning the house. In the evening, I went to my friend Agni's house. From there we went to the Forum mall as I wanted to check out some digital cameras. After checking out the camera and it's price, I was in a dilemma whether to purchase it or not. In the end I didn't go for it as I needed time to think.

We planned to watch the movie "Namastey London" which was unfortunately housefull. For dinner, we decided to try out a new cuisine @ the food court and went to the sea-food section. The menu varied from squids, fishfingers to prawns.

Agni opted for the prawn fried rice while I decided to check out the combination of singapore chilly prawns and fried rice. When the food was served to us, we got a shock looking @ the quantity. It was 80 bucks each and all I got was a small scoop of rice and prawns.

We looked @ each other and thought of ourselves as Jack-asses in a cartoon :) The food was ok and not so bad as we thought except for the price factor which prompted Agni to comment "Sometimes you pay more to get less" :) Now comes the best part and that was when we had ice-cream for dessert. It was an italian ice-cream gelato which is quite the in-thing now-a-days. The high point of this ice-cream is that it's water based in comparison to other milk based ice-creams. It also has a lesser fat content @ 5% when compared to 18% in other ice-creams. The good thing is you get to taste a sample of different flavours. I opted for "Dolce latte" which tasted really yummy. The only downside is the price which is 65 bucks for a scoop, however it's worth it :)

Sunday, so far has been a pretty lazy day and I am chilling out. Just a small thing remaining, that's to iron my clothes for the working week ahead :)

No comments: