Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sometimes you get up in the morning and as you start doing your usual morning chores, suddenly you feel that something is missing. You start thinking and questioning about the very rationale of your existence, what I am doing or how boring to do the same thing every morning.

On Tuesday morning, I was going through the same emotions. But then I thought this is what people irrespective of their geographical location do and as long as mankind exists unless something drastic happens this is how we are going to lead the rest of our lives.

When I was sitting in the public transport bus on way to work, there is this lady who came and handed over a pamphlet. On the top of the pamphlet was printed all the religious places of worship. Below that was the written text in various languages like Telugu, Kannada, Urdu and English.

It was a request for donations for a person who has lost his legs, a women who needs to get married etc. There was also the denomination of currencies mentioned. The minimum was Rs.2/. Right @ the bottom was an instruction which requests the reader to return the pamphlet.

As is our instinct my hand reached for my wallet, however then it struck me that how do I know whether it's genuine or not. When the lady approached me I returned the pamphlet, she began to search for the money and then asked me. I politely declined. It's not that I don't give alms to beggars, however my priority is the aged and the infirm, those who can't eke a decent living.

At office, it was business as usual. A minor breakthrough was that, I can now download the trial or evaluation copy of the software program. That should hopefully be done by tomorrow.

No comments: