Thursday, January 11, 2007

It was a pleasant Thursday morning I woke upto..:) I missed having my favourite fruits for breakfast today. I was getting late so had to rush to the bus stop or else I would end up missing my company bus.

It was a busy day starting with the morning session wherein we had a meeting with the Delivery Manager.

The topics of interests included why Software Engineers must expect a pay hike when they don't assure the company or the organization of a corresponding increase in their productivity. How many times do we(Software Engineers) analyze and think whether we are really doing our job. My take on this was "We need to analyze ourselves everyday as to what did I do to earn today's salary". This is not applicable only to IT professionals but to any other professionals be..it in the BPO, Telecom or hospitality industry etc..

It was an hour long meeting but the funny thing was when the meeting finished a couple of colleagues who didn't openly air their disagreements except for a few asked me "what was the bottomline or the message sought to be conveyed @ the end of the meeting" for which I didn't have an answer. They did agree with some of the valid points but not all.

In the evening we had a training session on "OOAD(Object Oriented Analysis & Design)" which was quite interesting coz not only was the content good but majority of them were freshers. It was like going back to school with everyone calling the faculty.."Madam"..:)

In the end it was a productive day as I did get a fresh insight into things, we often take for granted and also gained valuable knowledge. As the saying goes "Knowledge is Power"..:)

No comments: