Monday, January 29, 2007

I had a fabulous weekend @ home with my family. The one sour note was the overnight journey by bus to Bangalore. I had got the last seat in the Volvo bus and compounding the misery was an army of mosquitoes baying for our blood.

The situation was worsened by the fact that even though I had boarded the bus @ 7:45 p.m, it was 11 p.m and I was still in Hyderabad. What happens when you switch off the A/C in a bus with closed windows. Obviously you tend to suffocate besides the foul smell and inhaling the carbon dioxide from other people. When I went to the driver to complain about the A/C I was stumped to see that he had switched off the A/C.

Thankfully he turned it on after my intervention. The bus reached Bangalore @ 8:30 a.m way behind schedule. My office timings went haywire and I managed to reach office @ 11 a.m.

At work, I was already feeling tired and sleepy so there wasn't much work done today. The only silver lining was I managed to finally get my photo ID card.

No comments: