Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Looking for a house in a new city and especially an IT city like Bangalore is a challenging task. The last time I was in Bangalore was 5 years back.

The rents have become steeper now and so have the prices of houses. A good two 2BHK(Bedroom, Hall & Kitchen) flat costs anywhere from INR 25 - 30 Lakhs. However after having lived in Mumbai I find it still worthwhile to live in Bangalore.

Sunday was quite a productive day as I found the dream home I was looking for..When I said "Dream home"..I didn't mean buying it but for renting it out..:) Initially I found it a daunting task but my patience and perseverance paid off. The rent is INR 4400 month and I'll be paying 10 months deposit of 40K. Thankfully I had some savings which should help me..:)

Work-wise..last week didn't see much action. I was initially supposed to be in one of the project..however it seems the project got delayed. Then I was proposed for another project which I declined coz it was not the technology I was looking to work on. Then again I was proposed for a maintenance project. It was the same story..as I came to know that my skillsets won't be utilized. It was a tough decision to take but I had to take a stand.

Finally I have been assigned to a project, where if I have successfully gone through the client interview I would get a chance to work on cutting-edge technology. My PC has the New Windows VISTA operating system installed and it seems to have a cool interface..:)

Yesterday night I watched "HITCH" on HBO. It was a pretty interesting storyline. The movie is mainly about Will Smith(screen name: Alexis Hitch) and Eva Mendes(Screen Name:Carla). Hitch plays the date doctor advising people on how to get the lady of their dreams. He sure is damn good @ his job coz he can read a woman's mind. The irony of the situation is..when it comes to his personal life he finds it very tough to charm his love(Carla).

It's a must watch for those in love, those who have failed in love and finally those who are looking out for one..:)

No comments: