Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How many of us are conscious of our ecological footprint? Take for example, when we visit our neighbourhood Grocer, do we think twice before taking the plastic bags which the shopkeeper offers to stuff our groceries. How about reusing the old plastic bags? Not only are we contributing our bit in saving our environment from further pollution but also by consuming less plastic reducing the chances of the sewers / drains get choked.

There was an interesting article I read today about minimising the usage of cars and using public transport / metro trains, bicycling or walking to work. I personally follow this when it comes to commuting to work. Even though I can afford to spend on fuel, I prefer taking the bus or the office shuttle to work. I know I am in a minority however I am doing my bit to reduce environmental pollution, reduce congestion on the road (there will be 1 less car on the road :)) and also it's not bad for my pocket either :) I take my car out only on the weekends. The good thing when travelling by bus/office shuttle is that it allows me to grab that few extra winks of sleep :)

Most of my colleagues are into share trading and so I wasn't surprised when there was an absorbing discussion during our evening snacks about who sold which shares, whether there was any profits made or losses incurred (thankfully none) etc. There was some lighter moments as well. It rained quite heavily in the evening and some portions of our rooftop cafeteria was flooded with water. From a hot afternoon to a cold & chilly weather it was quite a remarkable change :)

No comments: