Thursday, May 24, 2007

Imagine talking to a friend on your cell, the only difference is you're standing on the highest peaks in the world with temperatures @ -30 degrees celsius and a beautiful panoramic view of the adjoining peaks. You guessed it right, it's the Mount Everest.

When I read the experience of Rod Baber a british citizen who achieved this feat backed by Motorola in today's "Times of India" edition, I couldn't help but put myself in his shoes. We all suffer from network problems in a closed room, entering tunnels, or entering an area with low or no network coverage. Mount Everest is the last place you did imagine making a call.:) But technology has made it possible.

The weather was again quite pleasant today after a spell of heavy showers and it continues to drizzle as I write this article. I am all excited about tomorrow as Friday is here and of course with it, the weekend is not far away :)

No comments: