Monday, May 14, 2007

I had a good time last weekend. My brother was back along with his friend, and I took them out for a movie. Initially we went to PVR cinemas @ the Forum mall, koramangala to watch "Life in a Metro" there, however all the shows turned out to be housefull.

Then we went to the Innovative Multiplex @ HSR Layout closer to the airport and I was sure that we will be getting a ticket there. That's because it's quite a distance and people prefer something which is within reach. We comfortably got 3 tickets for the show.

For the first time, I watched a movie without going through the review and so had an unbiased mind. Luckily, the movie was worth watching :) The movie is a reflection more of the times we live in especially in a city like "Mumbai"

Shilpa Shetty comes up with a creditable performance, however the real star of the show is the Konkona Sen & Irffan Khan track. Kay Kay Menon comes up with another brilliant performance as the male chauvinist husband of Shilpa Shetty. The portrayal of his character is such that you invariably end up detesting his very sight. Sharman Joshi, Kangna Ranaut, Shiney Ahuja, all play their parts well. Watching the movie brought back memories of my stay in Mumbai :)

Here, Dharmendra & Nafisa Ali's romance needs a special mention. Their last scene together has been handled quite sensitively and aesthetically by the director "Anurag Basu". It shows that age doesn't matter when it comes to love.

Pritam's music fills up the void, if you do feel any :) On a humourous note, pritam and his band keep popping up throughout the movie sending the audience into peals of laughter :)

My brother left in the 7 p.m bus on Saturday night. Sunday, it was pretty much the same for me with laundry, cleaning and cooking taking up most of my time. In the evening, I went to the commercial street and had dinner with one of my friends.

It's back to Monday and so far I have been keeping busy. I was feeling very drowsy in the afternoon, thankfully a cup of tea saved me from dozing off :)

No comments: