Saturday, May 05, 2007

Saturday morning's as usual was reserved for my weekly chores like cleaning and mopping the floor. My car is in the garage to undergo repairs due to the dent caused in the accident nearly a week ago. I really miss it :)

Today I made a decision to invest in mutual funds. The funds I picked up was SBI Tax Magnum Scheme, UTI Infrastructure fund and HDFC Mutual Fund. I always had an interest in the share market however was apprehensive of getting directly involved for the fear of burning my fingers as other small investors learnt to their dismay when they got caught in the volatility of the stock market.

By investing in mutual fund(s) on a long term basis through a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) you're not in it for the short term benefits but for the long haul. Mutual fund investments are still subject to market risks however as the portfolio is diversified and there are professionals who handle the money, there is a lesser amount of risk involved.

In the evening, I went to PVR Cinemas @ Forum mall to get 3 tickets for "Spiderman-3". I have always been a fan of Spiderman series and didn't want to miss the final instalment. However I was disappointed to know that tickets have been sold out till Monday.

On my way back home, I boarded the BMTC bus and what a journey it was..with the engine of the bus groaning and grunting :) Poor thing seemed to have been completely strained. I was praying and hoping that it atleast completes the journey till my bus stop. I agree, I am being selfish here, to be honest who isn't :) We need to be a bit selfish to survive.

The day has finally come to an end and there is only sunday left before my working week begins :)

No comments: