Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The usual culprit for my half-awake day was inadequate sleep the previous night. For the past few days work has been keeping me pre-occupied. I was expecting one of my ex-colleagues to come down from Mumbai. As I only have 1 bed to sleep, as an emergency measure I had to get 2 single cotton beds and a pillow. It was not a bad deal for INR 550. Eventually it turned out that my ex-colleague will not be able to make it coz of urgent work @ her office.

I finally received my car from the Concorde showroom, the dent has been fixed and also the bumper has been repainted. The only sore point is the rear bumper which had just a brush-up done. You could easily make out that it has suffered a scratch.The total cost came to INR 6,500. Repair job was only 1400 bucks however painting cost a whopping INR 4,600. The rest was service charges and education cess. Thankfully I had to shell out only 500 bucks from my pocket and the rest was covered by insurance.

Touchwood, my fervent prayer and appeal from now on is to drive even more carefully and hope that nothing untoward happens.

No comments: