Thursday, May 31, 2007

You need to save for a rainy day that was the realization which dawned on me when my sis gave me an earful yesterday night after knowing about the bad state of my finances.As a software professional I am earning a good pay, however what use is it, when I don't save a substantial amount of my salary.

I have made it a point from today to start spending sensibly and impose a certain financial discipline without compromising on my entertainment and other critical expenses. I neither smoke nor drink or indulge in partying however when I looked @ the state of my finances, it gave me a shock. Reality bites and it bites hard :)

The past few days has been kind of hectic and I expect some work to flow in. Today we had the birthday celebrations organized by our fun group for those whose birthday(s) occurred in the month of May. It was good fun, with the anchor (who is from Kerala) striking an instant rapport with the newcomers from his homestate. Whenever he asked the new team members whether they're from kerala, people from the audience broke into laughter :) The cake was really yummy and I withstood the temptation to grab one more bite :)

One of the newcomers sang a kannada song. She had a beautiful voice and everyone keenly listened to her. It's good to know that techies have a talent for something other than staring into the PC's :)


No comments: