Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Bangladesh Tigers not only roar but they also bite" was the booming voice of the anchor on CNN-IBN. If you're a Indian cricket fan it was really an embarrassing moment. Once upon a time, I was a die-hard cricket fan but not anymore. I feel as a nation we are very obsessed with cricket and players who don't perform. They would rather chase commercials than play for their country. It's time we look beyond cricket.

Today, most part of the day I spent indoors, surfing the web, watching television and chatting with my family members. In the evening I went shopping along with Shital for purchasing grocery. It was a bit of a rough ride as the highway which passes near our home is being widened as part of the golden quadrilateral project initiated by the "National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)". It's being made into a 4 lane expressway.

I was watching the movie "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK)" on television. The story dwells on extra-marital relationships. I am not someone to pass judgement on Karan johar, however I did feel that some scenes in the movie was a bit exaggerated. What I did appreciate was the scene wherein Amitabh and Kiron Kher who play the roles of Shahrukh (Dev's) and Rani's (Maya's) in-laws. When they catch Dev and Maya red handed i.e. indulging in lover's tiff, there is no chastisising or any furious reaction, however the disappointment is writ large on their faces.

Witness the scene when Abhiskek (Rishi) after venting his anger on coming to know about Maya's affair, tells her with tears in his eyes, I loved you so much and yet it wasn't enough.

The other important chapter was how the betrayed spouses move on in life. When this movie was released most of my colleagues were very critical of the movie. Sure the movie has its flaws, but it was just holding a mirror to our society. The main characters in this movie fall in love however it comes at a great cost sacrificing the comfort of their homes, careers and their families.

No comments: