Monday, March 12, 2007

Saturday I went to the forum mall to meet my friend Agni. We went to the Landmark book gallery browsing through the books section and some other stuff.

Agni didn't have his lunch, so we had a pizza @ the pizza corner outlet located on the 2nd floor in the mall. It seems there was some birthday celebrations going on as cakes were cut and songs were sung for the birthday bunnies with pizza hut staff lending a helping hand. After a long time, I tasted a pizza and washed it down with a pepsi. So we guys really enjoyed the food.

Later I went to Agni's house and Agni showed me his X-Box game console. The graphics were amazing and when you are playing a war or the car racing game wherein you get hit by a bullet from the enemy fire or crash into the wall or lampost while racing the car, you could feel the vibrations in the joystick. The only dampener is the price which is a whopping INR 35000.

Sunday was the day when I finished my daily household chores and checked out some flats in the evening. Except for 1 flat, I was disappointed with the price, quality and location of the other flats.

Today i.e Monday I got a new lease of life. The office shuttle in which we were travelling met with an accident. We had just crossed the traffic intersection when the driver of our shuttle immediately slammed the brakes on seeing the public transport bus suddenly stop. Within a span of 3 - 5 seconds, we were hit from behind by a speeding TATA Sumo, we were all shocked and too stunned to react. The impact was so powerful that the Sumo ended up dragging our shuttle which went and hit the bus in the front. Our shuttle was badly damaged in the front and the rear and same was the case with the Sumo.

I was sitting in the rear and thankfully not the last seat. I could sense a slight pain in my back, but 2 of my colleagues sitting in the last seat bore the brunt of the impact. We later took an auto to our office. Before I was about to sit @ my desk, I folded my hands, closed my eyes and thanked god for saving my life.

We went to the St.John's hospital located near our office for our medical checkup. The doctor prescribed me some tablets and an ointment. The other colleagues of mine who were in the back seat were told to get their X-rays done as their injuries were far more serious.

The incident has left me shaken. People just want to rush @ mad speed maiming and killing others and also injuring themselves. No wonder India is rated as the 2nd country to have the dubious distinction where more people die in road accidents than due to any other reason.

No comments: