Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Yesterday's telecon with our on-site team in the United States went on for nearly an hour instead of the stipulated 30 mins. What did come out from the discussion was we will be working on legacy systems such as the mainframe and programming languages UNIX/Shell scripting, C, MSMQ. I felt as if we were going back to the stone age..:)

I was quite excited thinking that I'll be working on microsoft technologies like dotnet however on getting know that we will be working on legacy applications, all my excitement vanished into thin air.

Today it was pretty much the same affair, with the whole team going through the documents and giving our inputs in the form on an excel sheet. In the evening, we had a small discussion with Dalia wherein we analysed our SWOT(Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats). The silver lining was Dalia did agree that we will require training on the applications I had mentioned above as we had learned all these applications either @ the college level or when we were pursuing our computer course. We haven't used these applications @ a practical level.

I am happy that I'll be going home today @ our normal time i.e 6 p.m..:)

No comments: