Monday, March 05, 2007

In Saturday's blog, I had mentioned that I was assured delivery of the car by 7:30 p.m and thankfully this time there was no twist in the tale.:)

When I reached the Concorde showroom, among all the cars parked, I could see a brand new car with the same colour i.e "Arctic Silver" I had chosen. My instincts told me that this was my car..and it indeed turned out to be correct..:) She(the car) looked stunning with tinted windows, clear headlamps, body coloured bumpers and the star attraction, the rear spoiler..:)

It had Blaupunkt stereo system installed and the car bonnet was decorated with ribbons. The customer service rep handed me the warranty manual, first aid kit, tool kit, a box of cadbury's celebration chocolates, a tissue box and finally my car keys.:) Only thing pending was a ganesha idol, perfume bottle and my number plate which will be fixed on Monday.

Sangeeta(customer service rep) took me to the car and told me the operating instructions for opening the boot, child lock in the rear door, the bonnet and the service instructions. I thanked Sangeeta and told her that I appreciate her help.

As I sat in my car, it was a strange new feeling. It was my first car and for a moment I took a deep breath. The feeling was yet to sink in. You can call it as a state of euphoria and excitement.

As I turned on the ignition, the stereo system came alive with FM radio..:)
I was a bit nervous whether I will be able to drive the car safely home without any scratches or fear of causing an accident. The last time I was @ the wheels was 2 years ago when I was abroad.

But that was something different, there was lane discipline and you could easily cruise along the roads. Here it was a bit scary with all the traffic. I knew that it was my acid test. Thankfully I managed to weave myself through the city traffic, although I got lost a couple of times and when I reached home the most scariest thing was climbing the steep gradient.

I didn't know how to park my vehicle on the steep slope and my worst fear was what if the vehicle rolls down the slope..:) I had the parking brake on and to be doubly sure put a couple of stones beneath the tyres. BTW I got a free body cover thanks to Sangeeta..:)

No comments: