Saturday, December 09, 2006

For a Saturday morning the fact that I was through with all my morning chores and ready by 8:30 a.m was a revelation. I mean I surprised myself..and the reality is I had no other option if I had to reach the interview venue on time.

Yesterday night(Friday) was a bit of a shocker for me. I received a call on my mobile and the caller asked me "So you're going for an interview tomorrow". I was a bit stumped coz I didn't know who the caller was. The biggest shock was that she was one of my office colleagues. Though we both work in the same office it's just the past 2 weeks we started to know each other better.

I was scratching my head as to how my office colleague read my blog. I have never mentioned anything about it, to my colleagues. The only exception is my flatmate Rahul. Anywayz it took time for the reality to sink in. The realization dawned on me that these are the perils of being on the worldwideweb..:)

Coming back to this colleague of mine, she was pissed off with me and accused me of being a person with a split personality. The reason was she had asked me a couple of times whether I have put in my papers, however I flatly denied it. When she read my blog, she was visibly hurt that I had lied to her.

I tried to convince her that I keep my personal and professional life different. Even when someone puts in their papers most of them don't reveal it to anyone till the last day..except maybe a couple of close friends or colleagues. The reason being you never know when things can take a turn for the worse..and the worst nightmare..people asking persistent questions like.."where are you going", "which company are you joining", "what is the pay package".

My colleague wanted to know the reasons for putting in my papers, however I just said as a policy "I don't comment on my blog". I did tell her that I'll get back to her once I join the new organization. Anyways all those words didn't cut any ice with her. After reading today's blog, I am not sure about my colleague's reaction.

However, one thing is clear in my mind that I write this blog for my personal satisfaction. I won't buckle under pressure and change my writing style or the content just because some people take offence. Personally the intention is not to hurt anyone, if people still feel aggrieved I can't help it.

Fast-Forward to today's events as I was already running late, I had to skip my favourite scrambled eggs for breakfast. I took a auto-rickshaw to Santacruz. The building where the company was housed is named "Windsor". It was an imposing structure with a glass facade, the lobby was quite spacious and there were not many people around. It felt like I was in a skyscraper in any other western city.

The interview was an hour behind schedule due to the delayed arrival of the interviewers. My interview lasted for an hour..I could say that if it was a score of 100..my rating would have been 75. However I think that wasn't good enough and I didn't make the cut. It was quite an irony that till the other day I was taking interviews and rejected a few candidates and now it's my turn. True, "What goes round, comes round". The saving grace was that when I asked the HR to tell me how did it go..she was quite forthright.

I was happy for not being kept in a state of suspended animation..:) Post-interview I took a train to Andheri station.The return journey was quite cheap..:) Trust me, travelling in a local train on the weekends is such a pleasure compared to the nightmare one endures on weekdays.

After having my lunch, I couldn't resist the temptation to lay my hands on a Amul Butterscotch Cornetto, and I savoured every moment of it. Some times "guilty pleasures are to be welcomed"..:)

It's now 8:30 p.m and I need to get my clothes ironed before having my supper and hitting the sack.:)

No comments: