Monday, December 04, 2006

Missed writing my blog for Sunday. It was a gr8 sunday to wake upto. After a long time I had scrambled eggs and bread for breakfast. Believe me, it tastes great when you cook it yourself..:)

One of the problems of losing weight especially when you lose inches of your waist, most of the clothes you're wearing need to undergo an alteration. It happened in my case..with the waist length of my trousers measuring @ 34 inches and my waist which now stands @ 32. So the first thing I did was to visit the tailor and get the clothes altered. Thankfully, I can breathe a bit easy now..:)

My flat mate was surprised to see his bed kept nice and tidy and asked me whether the maid did it, I replied I did it..:) For a moment he was a bit shocked and surprised and then said "Thank You". I gently told him that its good to know that someone is well groomed when they go to office, however you also need to take good care of your home. It seems he has taken the advice seriously. He now keeps his bed neat and tidy.

The update for today i.e Monday is that I have finally made up my mind. I was a bit nervous when my Project Manager told me to meet him. He asked me about my decision. I said there's no change in my decision. His face turned a bit pale.

He told me to give him a hardcopy which I eventually I did after signing it. Thereafter it took some time for me to come to terms with reality. I am not sure whether it's eventually going to be a right or a wrong decision however I am glad I did what I felt was right under the circumstances.

Today I took around 5 interviews. For the first time I felt a bit sad when I wrote in the "Remarks" column that I am rejecting a candidate. Infact I ended up rejecting 3 of the candidates. I was more forthright with the last candidate when I told him upfront that he needs to improve and I can't consider him for the position right now, instead of the classic HR mantra.."We Will get back to you" which effectively means they won't.

It was a long day today. In the evening we had birthday celebrations of a couple of our colleagues, one of whom was my Project Manager. I have finished my assigned work,
however it now seems there are some changes to be done.

After shutting down my PC and on my way back home, I looked up @ the moon against a clear sky. It was a full moon and she was looking quite pretty. It was quite soothing to my eyes after a hard day's work..:)

No comments: