Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I got up today morning to a gloomy start. Gloomy because the night before I received a call from my Project Manager saying that my U.K trip has been postponed. Now I am not sure if the trip is still on, my heart sank when I heard the news.

I sat brooding in front of the mirror with the face in my cupped hands. I felt a bit better when I talked to my family. They were also disappointed however they told me to take it in my stride.

In the morning, I read an article in the newspaper about a senior leader of the opposition in U.K lambasting the elite of the british & american industry for their patronising attitude of India. He told the audience that to think India & China will do only menial jobs like BPO, coding etc..while the U.S and Britain will move up the value chain is wishful thinking.

He was speaking about his first-hand experience in India after meeting Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra and other industry captains. He was quite effusive in his praise of an India which had a lot ambition, driving hard to succeed which he felt was lacking in his country and the U.S. It came as a pleasant surprise to the people in the audience and even to me..coz historically the whites always considered asian people as inferior and fit to do only lowly paid jobs. Even then it takes a lot of courage to call a spade, a spade..:)

The other section which caught my eye was regarding Aishwarya Rai & Abhishek Bachchan.
There was a lot of mystery whether they got married/engaged etc. The one thing I was really curious was this Manglik factor. Ash is a Manglik and Abhishek isn't.

So I asked my flatmate as to what's the fuss all about. He cited an example of his cousin who had married a Non-manglik and suffered a miscarriage. However I told him, it might be just a coincidence. He agreed, however he said that people prefer to play it safe if they believe in astrology..hmmmm

I reached office in time and had some quality study time. My Project Manager ensured that he had lots of work for me. I had a good lunch today. I enjoyed reading a technical book today after a long time and must say I thoroughly enjoyed it besides gaining valuable knowledge.

Today I left office sharply @ 6 p.m. It's time to go home now and wrap-up the day..:)

No comments: