Saturday, November 11, 2006

I had a sound sleep on Friday night..much to my horror when I opened my eyes in the morning it was 9 a.m. I never realized that I slept so long..:)

Anyway there was some house cleaning to be done today. After that, I had to catch up with a friend in Santacruz. The other night I kept looking @ some of the photographs which I had taken when I was in New Zealand. It invoked some pleasant memories..I went down the memory lane. The reality now seems to hit me hard. Anyway I thought, this is life and we need to move on.

I hailed a auto-rickshaw from Marol ( the place where I stay) to Santacruz station. Thank god it was a saturday, otherwise the road is normally choked with traffic on weekdays. It was a pleasant ride with roads nearly deserted..then suddenly the auto-rickshaw's pace seemed to slow down a bit. I wondered whether there's an engine trouble. The driver seemed to be looking @ his rear-view mirror. I was praying that the auto shouldn't stop anywhere in between. Just then another auto came parallel to our auto and there was this pretty blonde with her sunglasses on.

The twist in the story is the auto picked up speed..the driver intensely looking @ the foreigner. I understood the whole point. Probably the driver wanted to catch a glimpse of the pretty foreigner and he slowed down..I smiled to myself..after all everyone is human right..:)

I came home after I had lunch with my friend. The auto fare was a bit expensive @ INR 61 however the return train journey was not only cheaper but also faster.

There's not much activity left for the day as I checked all the mails @ the cybercafe. I had given some of my old snaps for processing. I got them scanned and uploaded one of the pics on orkut.

Looking forward to my Sunday..:)

No comments: