Thursday, November 16, 2006

Y'day night I had a new flat mate. Well to those who don't know I stay as a paying guest(also popular by the acronym "PG") in a flat. Hold your breath, before coming to any conclusion I am not staying with any family which provides me breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Infact everyone of my flat mates is a paying guest. In addition to the room rental, we also foot the wage bill of the maid, electricity bill, cable bill, the newspaper bill and ofcourse food. Must say it's a pretty expensive affair.

Okay..so that was a brief background about my flat..now coming back to my new flatmate.I had a smile on my face when I shook hands with him however deep down within I had a sense of discomfort and probably he could sense it. Discomfort in the sense I had begun to enjoy my privacy and my worst fear was it's all gone now. I had 2 beds in my room and 2 cupboards.

A normal person would required a single cupboard however for a person like me who just splurges on clothes, a single cupboard wouldn't suffice. I ended up stocking the other cupboard..and now it's going to be quite a pain shifting things out. As for the bed..firstly it didn't have a bedsheet and then there was this whole pile of newspapers which got accumulated. Call it providence or anything else..I had just cleared the whole mess on the second bed and even put my own bedsheet on it and never in my wildest dreams did I thought, it will be like a perfect welcome to my new flatmate...grrrrrrr(it means I am angry..:))

My new flatmate's name was Ketan and he works for guess what..I couldn't believe it..Naukri.com,the job portal. Incidentally I have my CV uploaded on the same website. On coming to know that he works for the job portal, it immediately reminded me of the "Hari Sadu" ad of Naukri. I couldn't resist the urge to ask him whether Naukri.com treat it's employees well..he replied in the affirmative..you would have realized the context in which I asked the question..:)

I had a good conversation with my flatmate and he seemed to be a nice guy. However my worst nightmare came true when he came back @ 1 a.m in the night and switched the light on..I was enjoying a sound sleep and that one act of switching on the light really ruined the sleep. I guess he did it twice. To further compound my misery he left a dim light on. I was really pissed off. I woke up and wanted to ask him whether he really needed the light..however he was fast asleep. I switched off the light and went to bed clearly an unhappy soul.

Thereafter I tried everything to go back to sleep. I tossed and turned in bed however to no avail and then the alarm rang..it was already 6 a.m. My sleep was already ruined so I thought..what's the point, let me get up early atleast today.

Everything went well, in the context I finished my morning routine well before time.
So far so good..however when I got down the auto-rickshaw, I realized I lost my ID & swipe card. I was sure, I would I have left it in the auto. My only hope is some good samaritan will return it back to me..anyways that's a long shot.

I reported the loss of my ID card to my office admin staff and need to go through the procedural formalities all over again. The training session started to get a bit boring coz I guess the trainer seemed to lack a sense of humour and keep his audience engrossed. Few people(including me) took liberties to keep coming in and out of the session.

Our Training manager visited us for the feedback and told us that our Trainer was visibly hurt on people not paying attention or spending more time outside. He explained to us his personal experience as a trainer and also reminded us to put ourself in the Trainer's shoes and asked us, how will we feel if someone leaves the Training Room when we are presenting a particular topic.

His passionate appeal seemed to strike a chord among the audience and the people were more attentive now. Sajid(our Training Manager) also fervently made an appeal to us to finish our assignments even if we had to stay late. He said that the company had invested so much of time, money and resources. He had to personally fight for the machines to be allocated so that the trainees can benefit. For me..even though it was a bit emotional..I felt he was right.

We all(except for a couple of people) sat dedicated to solve the problem questions till 8 p.m. By the time I had come out of the training session, I was physically and mentally exhausted. BTW I had got a job offer from a top IT MNC in Bangalore, however i was torn by a dilemma when I came to know that I'll be getting a good opportunity with my present company. So I am just thinking what to do.

I have to wrap up now as it's already too late and I need to have my dinner. It's going to another long day tomorrow when we are going to have an exit test. All the best to me..:)

No comments: