Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The sky was slightly overcast when I got up today morning. It was like a bit of haze has enveloped the city. After a long time, the weather which is normally sultry turned out to be quite pleasant.

There was not much activity to do..and I must say it was a bit boring. We have this coffee/tea vending machine in the office and god, the tea ( if you can call it “tea”..:)) tastes like yuck. So I decided to venture out for the cutting tea(Mumbai slang for half a cup of tea).

Thankfully, I found it @ one of the tea-stalls closer to my office. When I sipped the tea, it really felt good..:) Now I have decided that the tea-stall
is where I would love to have my tea..:)

In the lunch time I was bored, so called up a friend of mine. Her name is Seema, she is one of my ex-colleagues @ Deloitte, Mumbai. Calling her is like inviting trouble. Don’t get me wrong..it means getting into trouble in a good sense. She wanted me to visit the “Dhyan Shibir” presided by Sri Ravishankar (the one from Art of Living (AOL) course fame) @ Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC), kurla. I am not sure whether I will be able to visit it, however she insisted that I come..:)

In the evening I had a chat with Anil who works for Wipro, Bangalore. He is one of my ex-colleagues from the days when I initially started of my career.
It felt good speaking to him after a long time.

Y’day night I had a chat with my sister(Shital) on the phone, she was very happy that her presentation went quite well. She had a video conference with her bosses in the U.S and she was pretty nervous.

I gave her a few tips and told her to just relax. She was thanking
me for my help, however I told her that it was she who was in the line of fire and deserves the credit. It was a big morale booster for her and should stand her in good stead for the future presentations.

Time to go home now, as another day comes to an end. I was not @ all productive today and I need to rectify the situation atleast from now on.

No comments: