Monday, November 13, 2006

I have this notorious habit of keeping my alarm @ 6 a.m and when the alarm starts to ring..hit the snooze button. 6 a.m is the time for me to get up(which infact I don't..:)) on my weekdays. Every night before hitting the sack I have this resolution, that I am going to strictly get up @ 6 a.m ..however what happens the next morning is altogether a different story..:)

I had my usual breakfast and my time-management was really sloppy. I rushed quickly to my favourite hotel for my breakfast. BTW the hotel's name is Geeta Bhavan. I don't have much except for a steaming idli with sambar and coconut chutney.

I needn't tell the waiter about my order..the way he looks @ me and smiles..its all implicit..meaning he understands my staple diet every morning. I have been a regular now since the past few days and the same will be the case till I change my job or relocate somewhere else.

Every morning I come across the same familiar faces..one is an elderly gentleman who is bald except for the borderline hair which has been neatly dyed jet black(no offence meant to the gentleman) and there's this guy who always has a novel in his hand everytime he has his breakfast.

Whenever we look @ each other we smile..and that's about it. It was a surprise for me when I found the guy without this novel. That prompted me to ask him..what happened to his book..he just smiled..:) He introduced himself as oops..(I forgot his name)...however I do remember he works for an e-learning company NIIT.

I was looking @ my watch anxiously..I had to be there for the training atleast by 9:35 a.m. I was looking for an auto to take me to my destination. This is one of the biggest banes of every morning. All the autos were full and thankfully I managed to get into one.

Thank God!! I was there for my training on time..however it got off to a late start..say 10:30 a.m. As a developer, I always felt that writing complex queries
to retrieve data from the back-end was my achilles heel. I was familiar with SQL-server database, however Oracle was something which I had to regain my touch after a long time. This training will hopefully set that right, though a lot depends on me.

The new office building is named "Akruti Centre Point". It stands out from the crowd due to its curved glass dome like structure from the front. Everything has been designed spaciously. There is a beautifully manicured lawn in the front with some flowers planted as well. A small pathway in the lawn makes it perfect for a stroll after lunch or in the evening.

The training went on well and I did learn and unlearn quite a few things from today's class. Daily, while going home I go to the bakery and have my favorite "Amul Cool" toned milk..:)

There was this old lady in the bakery..who managed to walk very slowly. She had some provisions with her. I wondered whether she needed any help. She was waving her hand @ the auto drivers passing by..however it was dark and people could barely see her hand. I went upto her and asked whether she needed an auto..she replied in the affirmative. I waved my hand @ a auto-rickshaw and requested him to take the lady home. The lady was quite happy and said the words "Thank You". Seeing her eyes lit up..made me feel happy..:)

It's been a long day and I now need to catch up with my assignments and listen to some music before hitting the sack..:)

No comments: