Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Most people in Mumbai have this despicable act of spitting on the road, corner of a staircase in fact anywhere & everywhere. So when I got up this morning to get a packet of milk and saw this young woman spitting without reason, I wanted to tell her to stop it, however I didn't do it only to chide myself later for not doing it.

I wouldn't want to go back to the time I got up..because you guessed it right..I hit the snooze button again..:) BTW the guy with the novel..I got his name..it was Vivek.
As usual we exchanged pleasantries in the morning and he was back with his favourite past-time..your guess is as good as mine..:)

The classes got off to an early start and it was time for lunch. The veg gravy was a bit spicy for my comfort. I also noticed that the flush in our toilet was not working. Our Training manager wanted to know from us whether we are enjoying our training session so far. That brought forward a slew of grievances from the audience ranging from pace of the topics delivered, food @ the pantry, to the loos in the washroom, the last one was raised by me..:)) He brought in the Facilities manager(he is the one who takes care of our cafeteria, washrooms, seating arrangement, transport etc..)

When I tried to explain the problem about the loos not being flushed properly..I didn't know how to put it across..I was so embarrassed..rest of the people were laughing their butts out enjoying my discomfort. Finally I managed to get the word "Motion Sensors" were not working..:) We have an elevator however I always prefer the stairs. When I reached the class in the morning which is on the 3rd floor I found the entrance door locked..thankfully when I knocked on the door the security guard was kind enough to let me in. I told the facilites manager to keep doors to the stair-case open who was a bit surprised by my request.

He looked puzzled and asked me whether I needed the stairs for going up and down or...All the people burst into laughter. He was actually referring to people who smoke standing/sitting on the stair-case..which is true in most of the buildings.


Post Lunch, I received a call from one of my superiors. This was about an opportunity. If everything goes well, it will be a dream come true for me..:) I don't want to disclose anything now as it's not final yet.

It was the end of another long day for me and time to wrap up couple of assignments for the day before....:)

No comments: